Sunday, October 7, 2007

Ryan had *3* green cards last week! It was a short week due to parent-teacher-student conferences, so that was actually an all-green week!! He was very proud of himself, and he got to choose not one but TWO prizes...both Hotwheels cars, of course.

Poor guy has lots of changes coming up. We are going to move to a new house in about 6 weeks, and I'm hoping the better house layout will assist me in keeping closer tabs on him. He really needs the reinforcement from me as often as possible. He needs to feel what it's like to do "right"...practice it, if you will...for his brain to make that connection. He also has therapy starting at the end of the week. This will be a GOOD change, I think. And we'll be getting some strategies and exercises to work with him. The new house will have room for a mini-trampoline and maybe even a deep-pressure swing. He will also start a Martial Arts class near the end of the month (after soccer is over). It's at a child-oriented sports center, and I've heard great things about the instructors there. He's doing really well with soccer sometimes. He's got the gist of the game, and is actually pretty coordinated and doesn't hesitate to go after the ball. But he has a habit of pushing and shoving to get to it. Today he scored a goal, taking the ball from within a huddle or players *without using his hands on the others!!* and getting it into the goal. I was so proud of him, and made sure to tell him that I was proud that he made the goal, but I was even MORE proud that he did it without pushing and shoving. He was beaming!! He'll get there...:-)

I need to call and schedule a meeting with his teacher, resource director, school counselor, asst principal, psychologist, and occupational therapist. Yikes! Trying to get everyone in the same place at the same time will prove interesting. As if I don't have enough going on this week with the new house...

No comments: