Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ryan is doing so well at school, it's almost like he's a different child. Another week has gone by, and it was another week of "green" days. I'm just amazed, but at the same time waiting for something to happen. It seems like every year in October he starts to go a little nuts...it happened in 2006 and in 2007. He really likes his class and his teachers, and he has so many little buddies. I've watched him in action with them during carpool and he's just so darn friendly, making sure he says goodbye to all of them, making sure he finished listening to whatever story they're telling him before he gets in the car (as annoying as that is to me, lol!), just all smiles and good cheer.

I like the work they are doing, too, especially the Everyday Math. I've heard a lot of moms complain about it (and maybe I will to in later grades) but so far it is such a creative way of looking at numbers that it's right up his alley. He has one page of homework every night, and he has not yet been reluctant to do it. And he's very cooperative at home as well. He still has his moments, but his anger is pretty short lived, as if he's mentally reigning himself in. School Open House is tomorrow and we're looking forward to it!

I met with his new psychologist today...this one takes our insurance! She's glad that he's doing so well and wants to seem him every other week right now, and is hoping that we can anticipate the October crazies before they happen or at least get control of it right away. Which probably means that it won't happen at all! She's very nice, very personable and I think we'll do fine with her.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ginnie, I'm so glad to hear that the good times are continuing on for Ryan! What a relief for you (& him!)!