Monday, September 17, 2007

Call from school

Yikes, not only am I going to have that stomach-clenching feeling everytime I pick Ryan up from school, but now it's going to be every time the phone rings while he's at school. I just got a call from the assistant principal, who has Ryan in her office this morning. He slapped the girl next to him (hard enough to leave a mark) and he stuck his foot out and tripped someone. I just don't know what will get through to him. We are trying to reward good behavior. We even went so far as to let him know that if he manages to get "bright green" cards, he will get to play Wii with his dad that very night...which is his very favorite thing to do right now, but is restricted to an hour total on the weekend. Plus all green cards get a poker chip, and 8 chips gets a trip to Gattiland. He's only 2 chips away right now, so obviously the incentive of getting those last two chips is not having any affect on him. I guess it's back to the psychologist pretty quickly. My head hurts. And my heart hurts too.

No comments: