Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sparkle Card!!

Somehow, someway, Ryan managed to come home with a "bright green" card (some classes call them "sparkle cards") today!! That's a step ABOVE the normal good behavior green card. What it means is that Ryan did something special today and then managed to have good behavior the rest of the day. He told me that he helped his teacher sharpen pencils. I wonder if it was an old-fashioned pencil sharpener that he'd have to crank the handle...muscle work...?? He was SO proud of himself! He got a certificate too, and I may just have to frame it. :-)

I emailed the school counselor and the resource director about his diagnosis. They were both right on top of it, and both want me to schedule a meeting with them to discuss details and plans of action, and to find out what they could do to help Ryan. I don't have the full report from the OT yet, so I'll need to wait until I have it, but I felt really relieved at how quickly they responded to me and how willing they are to help. It sounds like the resource director knows her stuff too, she recommended some books for me (although I already have them...) and specific chapters to read in them.

All in all, a good day!

No comments: