Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Aarrgghh.

I'm just so tired of this. Tired. Tired. Tired.

An email from his school, that it's time for us to review his progress and decide whether keeping him at this school for half-days is working for him (actually, is it working for the school). I just shot back a reply that I have nothing to add to what I've already told them or asked from them, I have no questions, so why is it necessary for me to meet with them in order for them to make the decision? Just decide to allow him to stay or decide to kick him out, and let me know. It probably looks to them like I'm trying to be difficult to work with, but these meetings are just too difficult to sit through and I'd just rather not.

I have a call in to the Department of Education to find out exactly what the laws are regarding children of Kdg age. Is he required to be in school at his age? If so, if I pull him out, what do I legally need to do...set up a home-school for the spring? If not, I'll pull him out next week. I just want to get him out of there. Selfish, I know. But I'm so tired.

I'm thinking of pulling him off of this GFCF diet too. I think the whole behavioral change thing was a coincidence. He's even worse now, nearly a week back on the diet (after a single day with dairy added back). His behavior at home has had him in is room most of the afternoon already today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginnie,

I have a confession. I didn't attend Brandon's IEP meeting. I had a list in hand and was planning on going but when I woke up the morning of...I just couldn't go. I sent Brad with the list of accomodations we wanted. The IEP meeting was something I had been pushing for but after such a long battle, I was beyond the point of emotional exhaustion. I didn't want to have to convince anyone in the meeting of anything or repeat what I've already said in past meetings.

So..I've never lied and said I went but I also never said that Brad went either. I feel a little ashamed because I wasn't able to pull myself together enough to follow it through.

I totally understand and can relate to this post.

Julie