Thursday, February 7, 2008

So, I notify the school office at 12:15 that I will be withdrawing Ryan from school and tomorrow will be his last day. I spoke to the secretary, who said she'd inform the assistant principal who would call me. I also emailed the resource director and Ryan's teacher at 12:30, with the same information. I was waiting to hear from them before emailing the moms of the kids in his room, to give them a heads up in case there were any questions, etc. It's 10:40 pm and I've not received a single phone call or email from the school, nothing to ask "why?" or to let me know they got the message or to let me know what the procedure is, nothing. HOWEVER, I do know they got the message because I came home from dinner out with the family, to two emails and a phone call from moms in Ryan's room because their kids were upset that Ryan is leaving. So obviously his teacher told the class this afternoon (Ryan only goes in the morning, and I didn't tell him until he came home today that tomorrow will be his last day, so he couldn't have told them).

Ugh.

1 comment:

its.me.heather said...

Well that just sucks... I do think you will find the right place for Ryan and I am sorry this school wasn't the one. They don't sound like they care much. With an aspergers diagnosis the public schools will really be able to help him. I didn't know you had gotten an official diagnosis. If you want to chat on the phone some time I can tell you lots about what can be done in school - although the laws might differ from state to state. We've been really lucky here with out public school... REALLY lucky. I hope you find something like this to help your family. You deserve it.