Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I just set up the initial "intake" appointment for the public school's ECE (Exceptional Child Education) program. These are the folks that will evaluate Ryan for placement in the public school, they are the ones who will determine what (if any) services he will need. There will be a lot of testing and evaluating, including speech and hearing and repeats of some of the psychoeducational stuff he's already had done independently. We will have an answer within 60 school days of our appointment...so by the end of the school year, haha.

Ryan has been really off the wall at school the last two days. I'm not sure what's going on with him, unless this is his body re-ridding itself of dairy. We've been really careful since Friday to keep everything GFCF. If I don't see improvement in the next few days I'm going to start doubting the whole dietary thing.

I'm considering getting a weighted vest for Ryan to wear at school. I may try to make one. I've emailed his OT about it, and maybe they have one he could try. They are very expensive to purchase, like $100, so I don't want to put out that kind of money unless I know it's going to have a positive affect.

Today he had french toast/maple syrup for breakfast, along with some cereal and V8 Fusion juice. Had a Nana's cookie bar for snack at school. Hasn't had lunch yet, but I assume it'll be PB&J.

No comments: