Thursday, January 10, 2008

Damn. DAMN. I no longer think his current school really has *his* best interests at heart. I know there is only so much they can do, with the money they have. They just don't have the resources that public schools do. *HOWEVER* I decided to bite the bullet and see about hiring a "shadow" for Ryan, for 6-8 hours a week, a support person who has experience with SPD and can intervene when needed but more so that they could give me a better, more detailed picture of what Ryan is doing. Sounds like a good idea, right? The school turned me down. Even though I would be paying this person out of pocket, they wouldn't have to do *anything* but allow her in the classroom, they said NO. They don't want to start a precedent. Not even for 6 freaking weeks.

1 comment:

Gina Pintar said...

This just breaks my heart that his school has turned on him like this. I am so sorry that you are getting no help from this school or your local school district. It should not be this hard to get your child fair schooling.