Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Note to Ryan's Teacher

He received a "notice of concern" for grabbing another child and scratching him.

On the back of the notice, which I have to sign and return, I wrote this:

"Ryan informed me that this child "dared" him to hit him, and when Ryan did, this child threatened to tell the teacher and that Ryan would get in trouble. Ryan grabbed the child in panic and scratched him unintentionally in the process.

This is the third time this year that one of two boys has "dared" Ryan to hit them. I would like to know that this behavior is being addressed. It doesn't negate Ryan's wrong-doing, but to me this behavior is also unacceptable, especially when the kids know that Ryan will get in trouble for it.

Ryan did not even know the concept of "dare" before he started Kdg at StMM. So it's hard for me to really fault him for not knowing that just because a kid says "hit me" doesn't make it OK to do so. "

No comments: