Saturday, January 5, 2008

Dietary Changes

We're making the big surge to go gluten-free, dairy-free, HFCS-free and artificial color-free. I'm going to try to implement this through the end of January. We will all eat that way at home, DH and I will probably indulge in grains and dairy when we are out alone, and I think I will allow M&L to eat whatever is available when they are at preschool and grandma's house without Ryan. Ryan, however, will need to avoid all of this stuff completely. I need to figure out what to send him for lunch at school. Yikes!! But I have to see if it helps. I am sooooo tired of all the angry outbursts and defiance.

I'm also going to get some Water Joe (water with natural caffeine) to see if the stimulant will calm him down a bit (same affect that the stimulant Ritalin has with hyperactive kids).

No comments: