Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 12, GFCF - Thurs Jan 17

I made french toast for the kids this morning, with homemade GFCF bread, eggs, almond milk and cinnamon, with maple syrup. Ryan *loved* it, said it was better than the french toast sticks we used to buy from the store (you know, the battered & fried ones!). It was very quick to do, so it may become one of our morning staples. He had some V8 Fusion Mango-Peach juice with GSE, along with his multi-vit and acidoph.

If he gets a green card today, it will make 5 in a row, and his record is 6 in a row. If he manages to get a green card tomorrow not only will he match his record, but he will get a prize at school for being "green" all week! That's only happened twice before, and one of them was a short week. I'm *very* cautiously optimistic, afraid to get my hopes up but also very hopeful that this diet is working and this isn't just a coincidence.

Before I pick Ryan up, I have been asked to stop in and talk to the principal. *Finally* (it's been 8 days since they made the decision) they're getting around to telling me that they aren't going to allow me to pay for and send in a support person for Ryan. I don't know how I'm going to respond yet.

Ryan's Tae Kwon Do instructor has recommended him for promotion to yellow belt, and the testing is on the 26th. Only thing is, they require a note from his school teacher saying that he has passing grades, doing satisfactory work, and is respectful in school. The first two are no problem, the last one....ehhh, I don't know if she'd say yes or no. And I don't know if she says "no" if that would mean he couldn't pass to yellow belt.

More later....
*******************

Ryan had a great OT appointment, I just LOVE his therapist. They work well together. He didn't end up eating dinner, as he said he just wanted some banana bread that we'd just made, so I picked up cheeseburgers for the twin-kies. He's just been so darn enjoyable all day, I feel like I have a whole new child! I saw glimpses of this before, but I've never been able to just relax and enjoy it. He's played with M&L tons this week, and not one single time has he been aggressive with them. I've almost stopped paying so close attention to their interactions. I've always had to keep such a close eye on them because almost inevitably something would happen. Now it's Lily who's the aggressive one of the bunch!!

Ryan *did* get his green card today! He was very excited coming out of school, and I thought it was because of the green card. "There's something in my backpack you're just going to LOVE, Mom!" "Oh, is it...is it a GREEN CARD?" "Oh, yeah, that too. But I found something for you in a magazine and I saved it for you! Just wait until you see it!!" I was cracking up...even more so after we finally found what he was looking for at the bottom of his backpack. It was Jimmie Johnson's Spongebob Squarepants-themed NASCAR. He did a great job cutting it out, too!! :-) I put it on my rearview mirror, and didn't tell him how much I despise Spongebob....;-)

1 comment:

Tiffani Hill-Patterson said...

Just sending some hugs, Ginnie. Congrats to Ryan on his green cards this week! And his tae kwon do promotion. :-)