Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 3, GFCF Diet

I had to wake up Ryan a bit this morning, at around 6:55. He woke easily and came downstairs for breakfast. Decided on a GF waffle and some dry GF cereal. He found his old Cars leapster cartridge on the table, so decided to play that and eat. Gave him 1 ml of Super Calm (Valerian root and other herbs) in his veggie/fruit juice, which he drank easily; plus an acidophilus cap and multi-vit. He was calm and in good spirits this morning, no negativity at all. Warmed up clothes again...:-) For lunch I sent PB&J on tapioca bread, peanuts, a GF cookie bar and juice. I forgot to remind him not to get milk today, I hope either he or his teacher remembers. He will need to tag along to Max's gym class this afternoon, but he does enjoy watching (and I'll bring along the Leapster and headphones!).

**************************************

Well, not a good morning at school. He was fine but for one incident. One boy that he's had problems with all year (he's sort of conniving but then cries when kids pick back at him), dared Ryan to hit him in the stomach. Ryan did, but not very hard and the kid immediately told Ryan that he was going to tell on Ryan so Ryan grabbed his arm to stop him and the kid started crying. So Ryan gets another notice of concern, which pretty much means that they'll ask him to leave at conference time at the end of January. I just want to pull him out now. But if I leave him through January, the chances are good that they'll allow him to be classified as "completed"...if I pull him out now, that might mean the public school will make him start out in Kdg next year. Which is the lesser evil??

His knee is really bothering him. His therapist noticed tonight that there's excess fluid around it. I'm glad she looked, I don't think I would have noticed it but it's definitely there. He's really limping now, walking just on his tippy toe and he never lets up on the limp so I know it really hurts. He's a trouper about it though, only complains after he's been sitting awhile. I think I'm going to keep him home tomorrow and either take him to the doctor or let him rest with it elevated. And no tae kwan do tomorrow...which eases our schedule quite a bit.

He had just one meltdown this evening. I can't even remember what it was about [oh, I remember, he was very disrespectful to DH, telling him he was going to hit him, and yelling that he was stupid eyeball...his favorite insult these days!]. DH gave him a time out and he refused and threw a fit, so I had to do a hold down until he calmed down. It was over as quickly as it started.

Dietary stuff is going well. He's not having any problems accepting it. He even had less juice today, his decision. 3 days down, 24 to go.

No comments: