Monday, January 7, 2008

Day 2, GFCF diet

Ryan woke us up at 7:10 this morning, which is *late*...for some reason our alarm didn't get set. Ryan wanted to watch TV, so I let him watch PBS while I gave him some cereal and juice. I popped his clothes in the dryer and he let me put them on him with no resistance (man, what a lifesaver warm clothes has been!). I had to push him to continue eating and drinking, and on any other morning I'm sure he would have pushed back (figuratively) and taken a defiant stance, but this morning he simply said "I'm eating as fast as I can, Mom." and "I really don't want any more juice." I had not one single bit of resistance this morning, not one look of defiance, not once when I had to avert a possible meltdown. He's had a really good morning, I'm hoping it continues through his 4 hours of school.

I sent him rolled up ham slices, a piece of GFCF homemade bread, potato chips, a GFCF cookie and a juice box for lunch.

***********************

Ryan did have a good day at school; he came home from school with a green card. He said he felt "calm" today. He came home and chilled for awhile, choosing to watch old college football games on the sports channel. He had another GFCF cookie for a snack.

He did end up having 3 little meltdowns this afternoon, all of them related to the swing and his siblings. I contained him during the meltdowns until he had control of himself, then let him go, and he was fine immediately after each of them. He went outside for a little while. I had him do one page of homework before dinner. Dinner was hot dogs, peas, corn and potato chips. ;-)

Tomorrow we need to cut back on the juice.

No comments: